Harvard Clock Co. 4 1/4" Marine Clock for the Light Vessel 44. The dial is marked Harvard Clock Co., Boston. The back of the back flange is stamped LV44 and PJC. The movement is serial number 233. LV44 built for the US Light House Establishment by Pusey & Jones, Wilmington, DE in 1882 was the first of only 4 iron hulled lightships. LV44 measured 115 feet, 25 " in beam and drew 10' 6". She was propelled by sail but had steam auxiliary machinery for the sound signal only. LV44 was the last lightship without propulsion machinery. She was in service at the Northeast End Station, New Jersey and later transferred to Cornfield Point, CT serving another 12 years.